Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Money honey: its all in your mind

Click to get cool Animations for your MySpace profile
Free MySpace Animations!

I am a spendthrift. You know I don't feel so bad about it at all. I take consolation from the fact that before he became realised, when Swami Sivananda was a young doctor in Malaysia, he would throw money about. If he liked something, he will buy five of it, he says. That I read in his biography, published by Divine Life Society.

Louise L. Hay whom I respect a lot as a healer because she has demoed it is possible to heal, prosper and thrive,  through her own life's examples -- from childhood sexual abuse, illiteracy, and acute poverty to cancer -- bouncing back without relapse from cancer, and becoming one of the most sought after alternate therapist and a continual best-selling author. Well, she says prosperity comes from a right state of mind. You invite prosperity by being calm and joyful about money. Being panicky, being thrifty where that is not called for, being unable to share, resenting another's prosperity -- all that indicate that you have mentally created hurdles to your own.

Other negative thought patterns that act as a noose around your throat, as you reach out for prosperity are
  • I will never make it.
  • Oh, I cannot charge too much (Ha, that I have dropped, as a yoga teacher.).
  • Money means you must slog for it.
She makes these suggestions and I find it now very powerful, as I finally feel good about being a yoga teacher and being able to believe that it could, by itself, sustain me:)

  •  We must believe we DESERVE IT.
  • We must make space for new things.
  • Kiss your bills -- it means you can afford things:)
  • Feel good about others making big money.
  • Share your ideas about money-making. It always comes back to you... (I believe in this also. Lot of people fear others will steal their ideas; but the more you give, the more it comes back to you).
  • Share.
  • Give.
  • Visualise. Say aloud what you want: For instance when discussing with family, boldly share a prosperity dream (buying a bungalow, for instance).. It will happen... Hesitating to discuss it, means you have sent the wrong message ...
This is just the gist of it...
You will love reading the full chapter titled Prosperity in her book You Can Heal Your Life (Published by Full Circle, Rs 175).

No comments: