Monday, October 27, 2014

Feng Shui for your mind:)

I have always sniffed at rituals, but am a bit more humble towards things I do not know much about, these days. So, with this struggle with maintaining an open mind (because I used to think ritualistic people are really very rigid people, with set beliefs) I was intrigued to find Harish Johari, whom I respect a lot as a great yoga master, in his book Tools for Tantra suggest that rituals actually regulate and tame the R-brain in us, the ancient mind that is serpentine. That is a powerful suggestion. There must be something there.

So, while browsing through this book on Feng Shui, I find that you can create your spiritual space with care too and make your mind more keen with that sort of awareness (in fact, Swami Sivananda also suggests that the place where you meditate should be exclusive and not open to anybody, even family).

So, this Feng Shui book suggests tha t your
*revive stagnant chi by opening it to sun or wind
* chants are good to move the chi in
* vertical plants create a dynamic chi
*clear clutter
*Clarify your thoughts and remember what you think permeates your space. Have clean thoughts:)!

No comments: