Sunday, October 26, 2014

What does one want?

Nowadays it tires me when people discuss spiritual life as if they are out shopping and are discussing the best bargain. The other day I heard there was some lady in a hillstation who claimed to be reincarnated Satyavati and she could read your aura and help you attain some divine life purpose. Whatever. I think a lot of crap unfortunately is floating about in the name of spiritualism, and attracts shoppers who are looking for a find that they will never wear.

Spiritualism is a private thing and it becomes simpler and simpler, if you understand it is so. It is as if you revert to the skin on your body, instead of seeking clothes to cover up something you are ashamed of. So, yes, spiritualism is really back to the basics.

Here,a quote from a very practical Sufi book I picked up The book of Sufi healing, by Shaykh Hakim Moinuddin Chisthti

Once I saw the Most High God in a dream,
He asked me, " Bayazid, what do you want?"
I replied."I want what You want."
The Most High God was pleased and said,
"I am yours and you are Mine."

No comments: